Under general supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer, and under the direct supervision of the Regional Resource Management Officer, the incumbent will work to provide effective support to the eight Regional Thematic Specialists (RTSs) in IOM Nairobi Regional Office (Senior Regional Emergency and Post Crisis Specialist, Senior Regional Migrant Protection and Assistance Specialist, Senior Regional Labour Migration and Human Development, Regional Migration Environment and Climate Change Specialist, Regional Liaison and Policy Officer, Senior Regional Immigration and Border Management Specialist, Senior Regional Migration Health Specialist and Regional Project Development Officer) . In particular, he/she will:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the Senior Regional Thematic Specialists (RTSs), Regional Project Development Officer (RPDO) and Regional Liaison Policy Officer (RLPO) in terms of: Preparing Travel Authorizations and obtaining the relevant authorization, coordinate flight bookings, prepare security clearance, ensure that staff has obtained their medical clearance and that travel advances are settled in a timely manner.
2. Follow up with the RTSs, RPDO and RLPO to submit their Travel Expense claim as soon as they come back from TDY, ensure that all required supporting documentation have been attached, compute the Travel Expense claim following the travel rules and regulations and ensure that settlement is done in a timely manner.
3. Provide administrative support to the RTSs, RPDO and RLPO for internal and external meetings, workshops and trainings.
4. Prepare and track all Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) for RTSs, RPDO and RLPO activities and office requirements.
5. Act as the RTSs, RLPO and RPDO focal point for liaising with other administrative units in the Regional Office like Procurement, Finance, Transport and Human Resources.
6. Assist the Resource Management Unit on other Admin duties as maybe required.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. University degree in Business Administration; An advanced university degree is an advantage.
2. At least one year working experience working as an Administrative Assistant
3. Excellent writing and communication skills; ability and proven track record to prepare and present clear and concise papers and reports in English.
4. Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
5. High computer literacy; familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, publishing, internet research, and e-mail communication.
6. Personal commitment, flexibility, efficiency and drive for results; ability to perform research and make effective decisions under time pressure.
7. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in both written and spoken english.
Proficiency in French will be an advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), Regional Office Human Resources Department, via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 06 April 2020