Data Scientist/ Statistician
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, the direct supervision of the Regional Data Hub (RDH) Coordinator, and in close coordination with the RDH research team, the incumbent will support the RDH to draft the quantitative research tools as per overall research methodology guided by IOM, lead the sampling design, and conduct the data analysis as per data analysis plan of the final products – two reports and three thematic briefing papers.
The consultant will also support IOM to monitor the distribution of the sample through GPS coordinates of the interviews conducted either during the administration or after it, as well as to carry out thorough quality checks on interview metadata.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Draft the quantitative assessment tools;
2. Determine the sampling design for data collection in five communities of high emigration, around 2,500 surveys;
3. Conduct quality control throughout the different phases of the data collection processes;
4. Lead the data analysis as per plan – layout of the final products (two reports and three thematic briefing papers);
5. Liaise with IOM in case of questions and clarifications on data analysis;
6. Edit texts, charts and other graphic elements in line with IOM guidelines;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced Degree in statistics, demography, health and population studies with a strong quantitative information/data management and data analysis component with four years of relevant professional experience
• Strong understanding of migration issues;
• Excellent knowledge of statistics, survey and assessment methodologies; experience in combined qualitative and quantitative research methods;
• Proficient in the use of a statistical software (such as STATA, SPSS or R) and Excel;
• Professional experience with a UN agency, or an international organization, is an advantage;
• Excellent research, writing, communication and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication skills and drafting abilities in English (oral and written); ability to prepare clear and concise reports, with a strong attention to detail and quality;
• Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility;
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 8th December 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.