Facilitator - Refugees (Canadian Orientation Abroad - COA)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Mission Support and Innovation, the direct supervision of the Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) Coordinator and Facilitator (Refugees) in IOM Nairobi, and the technical/programmatic supervision of the COA Global Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be the Facilitator for the smooth delivery of Canadian Orientation Abroad’s Adult and Youth programmes in the Eastern Africa region.
In particular the incumbent will:-
1. Be involved in the delivery of pre-arrival information and orientation and needs assessment and referrals to youth and adult refugees in the Eastern Africa region.
2. Keep abreast of changes in content of pre-departure orientation and information sessions specifically designed for refugees; contribute to the creation of agendas, learning outcomes, and facilitation guides for COA staff.
3. Research and develop pre-departure information and orientation materials, specific for refugees in coordination with the COA Curriculum Development Officer.
4. Support the COA Coordinator and Facilitator (Refugees) in the preparation of COA annual site budgets, monitor COA expenditures on a monthly basis.
5. Support the COA activities in the Eastern Africa Region by conducting TDYs; drafting agendas and participant lists; writing background documents and refugee cultural profiles; narrative reports and articles, and translation materials into target languages.
6. Support the coordination of refugee programming activities with the COA Coordinator and Facilitator (Refugees) on an on-going basis; liaise with other IOM departments and other IOM missions as necessary.
7. Provide selected refugees with personalized referrals to in-Canada Service Provider Organizations (SPOs) when appropriate.
8. Keep records of all COA participants and report attendance using COA developed systems and tools in coordination with COA Manila staff and COA management.
9. Support COA reporting and evaluation objectives on all matters related to refugee programming.
10. Contribute to the development of promotional tools aimed at increasing the uptake of pre-departure services among refugees and in disseminating information about COA to stakeholders.
11. In coordination with the COA Coordinator-Facilitator, support the procurement and distribution of COA training materials and supplies with COA supply chain management staff.
12. Carry out various administrative tasks, including logistics of Travel on Duty (TDY), the organization of meetings and workshops, corresponding with participants, preparation of background documents and presentations.
13. Contribute to development of the COA programme by participating in staff development workshops, exchange programs, and Training of Trainers seminars on a TDY basis in locations covered by COA Eastern Africa and disseminate information to the COA team in Eastern Africa.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations, Education or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience
• High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience
• Experience providing information and orientation to and engaging with refugees is an advantage;
• Proven ability to communicate cross-culturally; clear and concise communication in writing (English);
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
• Experience in leading interactive training seminars or orientation sessions for youth and adults.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
Knowledge of Amharic, Arabic, French, Oromo, Somali, Tigrinya is advantageous
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.