IOM Immigration and Border Management Unit is one key unit in IOM Kenya Country Office implementing joint Regional Immigration and Border Management Programme including Better Migration Management, Enhancing Security through Improved Border and Immigration Management II among others. IOM provides intern with the opportunity to learn about IOM's activities, to gain initial work experience, and/or gain knowledge on a broad range of migration technical areas and disciplines. IOM provides on-the-job training to interns so that both they, and the Organization can.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Assist in logistical coordination for unit meetings and external engagement.
2) Assist in regularly updating the unit files and procurement request.
3) Assist in maintaining and updating of BMM beneficiaries’ tracker after every project milestone and major activity.
4) Assisting with keep record of unit meetings by taking draft meetings minutes.
5) Lesson from experienced staff on implementation of the project, tracking of the budget and programme implementation schedules
6) Assisting with drafting of LOI under supervision of the project team.
7) Undertake travel duties as and when required.
8) Perform any other duties as maybe assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. All applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
2. Currently enrolled in the final academic year undertaking Degree Programme
(minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in Business Administration or any related field, or Is currently enrolled in a graduate school programme (undertaking a degree or equivalent), or Can be a graduate of a university or related institution with a Degree in Business Administration or any related field.
3. Pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
4. Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
5. Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
6. Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word etc).
Fluency in both written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this internship, interested and eligible applicants can send their Application letters, Testimonials and Curriculum Vitae to the International Organization for Migration (IOM), Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 28 February 2021