Under the overall programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the FAP National Project Officer-Team Leader, the successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes assistance in completion of the required forms and supporting documentation checklists, biometric collection and questionnaire filling.
2. Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards.
3. Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists, conduct completeness checks on all documentation and collect, when required, biometric information.
4. Complete questionnaires on behalf of applicants while ensuring accuracy of the information and verifying the consistency of the information in the questionnaires with the documentation provided.
5. Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner and distribute information sheets, Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
6. Organize the files of the applicants in the required order based on the instructions of the German Consular staff in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to the Consulate, and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards.
7. Maintain high level of accuracy of data capture, by ensuring that the information collected and recorded in the case management system are correct, complete and updated at all time;
8. Answer questions and provide remote guidance on form completion, visa requirements and general information to families and principle applicants.
9. Schedule appointments while ensuring appointment system for applicants in FAP is operated effectively.
10. Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
11. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately while regularly suggesting how to improve efficiency and service.
12. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data; and,
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Business Management, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience, with two years of relevant experience; or
• Completed High School diploma from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
1. Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
2. Good knowledge of information technology and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
3. Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
4. Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail.
Fluency in English and in Somali is required; working knowledge of German is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address KCOrecruitmentNairobi@iom.int referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 04 March 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.