Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organizational Context and Scope
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 173 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
1. Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
2. Advance understanding of migration issues
3. Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
4. Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director, the direct supervision of the Regional Project Development Officer, and the technical supervision of the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer, the incumbent will assist the Regional Support Unit (RSU) in supporting improved knowledge management through strengthened regional M&E support including assisting in the rollout of the RO Nairobi Knowledge management framework and activities; and to ensure timely dissemination of quality M&E information and knowledge products to IOM project managers, Chiefs of Mission and regional staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Support the review and collation of data collection tools used in the region
2. Assist in the preparation of periodic Regional Monitoring and Evaluation reports
3. In consultation with the Regional M&E Officer and the M&E focal points, assist in managing the Regional Evaluations tracker and performing quality assurance functions during data collection, entry and storage
4. Support the development and maintenance of a donor database
5. Assist in PRIMA endorsement process through assigning reports and proposals to the respective RTSs for review and endorsement;
6. Assist in knowledge management processes by drafting and orienting staff on simple guides for retrieval, collation and use of data from Prism, Prima and PIU/IOM and other corporate systems.
7. Assist in monitoring trends in use of project management tools in PRIMA by project staff in country offices and flag bottlenecks to inform capacity building of staff
8. Assist in capacity building on data capture and analysis for routine monitoring of a projects; and project reports using excel and other data analysis tools, including developing and orienting staff on data visualization systems;
9. Assist in designing of survey tools for RO and country offices as requested
10. Support Regional Projects M&E as required
11. Assist with any other duties as required in the Regional Office.
Required Qualifications and Experience
1. University degree in statistics, research, health or related fields such as social sciences and anthropology.
1. 3 years relevant work experience.
2. Knowledge and experience working with excel spreadsheets.
3. Skills and experience on migrants’ data collection.
4. Experience with migration data collation and analysis and interpretation.
5. Training on migration and, project management, monitoring and evaluation an added advantage.
6. Experience in literature review
7. Knowledge of, or experience in East/Horn of Africa is desired.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a Motivational Letter and updated CV indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 21st January 2021
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.