Human Resources Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO) and the direct supervision of National Human Resources Officer (NHRO), the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates’ assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
2. Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrolment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
3. Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate prompt actions and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
4. Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; monitor, maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
5. Carry-out a wide range of Human Resources actions, including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases, etc. and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
6. Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit in a timely manner to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
7. Assist in monitoring compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
8. Organize Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
9. Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
10. Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
11. Coordinate and process the HR requirements for the mission’s Migration Health Department’s ISO certification process.
12. Prepare the monthly staff statistics, activity and training reports as required.
13. Coordinate with HOUs and supervisors in conducting comprehensive organizational Development and Training needs assessments.
14. Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
15. Assist with the scheduling and coordination of training programs with contractors and facilitators.
16. Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
17. Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Completed Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Talent Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years’ relevant professional experience.
• University Degree in Human Resources, Talent Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
1. At least 5 years work experience as HR Generalist or experience in at least three of the following areas: training and development, recruitment, organizational development, performance management, HRIS and job classification.
2. A minimum of 2 years work experience in an international organization.
3. Prior experience in usage of HR Information Systems or Database required. Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
4. Knowledge and experience in ISO Certification process is an added advantage.
5. Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, Excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail.
6. Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
7. Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 27th September 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.