Under the overall supervision of the Regional Finance Officer and direct supervision of the Regional Information Technology Officer in Nairobi, the incumbent will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in the maintenance of Information Technology and Communication services and
network. This includes network printer and clocking.
2. Provide onsite support to the above-mentioned systems and services.
3. Installation, configuration and upgrading, desktop and laptop computers and software used in
4. Assist in maintaining communication systems/equipment including, mobile lines, PABX, VOIP,
Internet access, and all other communication related matters.
5. Assist in provide appropriate ICT training to all users in the mission as needed
6. Maintain regular updates to the technical documentation for the voice and data networks.
7. Maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures.
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in MIS/Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ Engineering.
• A holder of relevant certification especially A+, N+, Microsoft Certifications and CCNA will be
• One (1) year of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge on the use of messaging systems i.e. MS Exchange and hands-on support for MS
• Excellent verbal and written communication/management reporting skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
• Ability to effectively apply knowledge of ITC in the execution of duties.
• Ability to follow instructions and implement policies and procedures from his/her supervisor.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure.
• Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Working knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 20th June 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.