Migration Health Processing Assistant Kakuma
Under the overall supervision of Head of Sub office and the direct supervision of National Medical officer in close collaboration with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO), he or she will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Kakuma, Kenya
CORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
a. receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants.
b. checking applicant’s identity.
c. entering biodata of the applicants in the appropriate platform.
d. taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
e. printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
2. Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable.
3. Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available.
4. Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
5. File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
6. Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
• University degree in Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience preferably in handling data.
• Completed High School diploma from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience preferably in handling data.
• Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one.
• Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
• High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
• Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
Fluency in both English and Kiswahili is required
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.