Teleradiology and PACS Systems Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Quality Management and Compliance Officer and under the direct supervision of the National Radiology Officer, and in coordination with the Teleradiology systems technical team in the IOM Global Teleradiology and QC Center Manila (Global) Administrative Center for technical directions, the incumbent will provide technical and users support to the Nairobi Regional Teleradiology Center and to all Teleradiology users and the radiology units in IOM Health assessment field operations in the region.
1. Provide technical support and troubleshooting of biodata and system errors for Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Teleradiology and resolve technical issues that arise in coordination with the Teleradiology technical team in Manila for getting technical guidance as applicable.
2. Assist in writing and maintaining documentation, such as users’ instructions, manuals, SOPs and technical support guide to be used by Nairobi IOM Teleradiology Center (Telerad Center).
3. Assist in monitoring Teleradiology PACS software, storage, databases and various Teleradiology services in Nairobi regional PACS hub, a check the replication of chest x-ray images from PACS servers in the Africa region to the PACS in Nairobi.
4. Provide support in installing Teleradiology PACS server hardware, Databases and PACS software’s in coordination with National Radiology Officer and with the technical guidance of the Teleradiology systems technical team in Manila as applicable.
5. Assist in monitoring network connectivity between Nairobi Telerad Center and field missions and troubleshoot Teleradiology networks in coordination with ICT when required.
6. Assist with necessary system setup and configuration as part of technical preparation of IOM Teleradiology service and train the Teleradiology users in new field locations in the Africa region, in coordination with National Radiology Officer and guidance from the Teleradiology technical team in Manila as applicable.
7. Provide general assistance in developing, testing and maintaining reports in Transact Structured Query Language (T-SQL) using Reporting Services.
8. Assist and keep track of the submission of the Chest X-ray images and the reports to the eMedical website and notification to the missions when required.
9. Provide technical support to IOM Teleradiology end-users in Nairobi Telerad Center and field missions to detect, diagnose and resolve any hardware, software or connectivity problem as needed.
10. Assist the Teleradiology service routine communications, data reports, and administrative works when needed.
11. Provide support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as act as a “stand-by” focal person on a rotation basis upon request.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Completed University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of work experience.
High school degree/certificate with five years of relevant working experience.
1. Minimum of three years of relevant work experience mainly in system
administration and technical support roles.
2. Experience with PACS Systems configuration and administration required,
digital radiology and Tele-radiology.
3. Experience in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and
4. Experience with JBoss, Apache and Tomcat.
5. Software development skills; strong skills in SQL development, database integration
with web-based applications.
6. The understanding of the public health industry is an advantage.
7. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 11 May, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION: