IOM Kenya conducts health assessments for prospective migrants to the United States of America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom among other countries at the Migration Health Assessment (MHAC), located at 78 United Nation Cresent off UN Avenue Gigiri.
Visa Applicants should download the following information for their reference.
Please DO NOT pay any service fee to any individuals. Payment is made on day of appointment after generating invoice at IOM clinic by customer care staff on site.
UK Pre-departure Tuberculosis Detection Programme
- Information sheet for UK VISA applicants
- Online appointment and registration
- Note: If your online appointment confirmation message indicates ‘NULL’, kindly exit the page and re-register to ensure the appointment is recorded.
- For children under the age of 11 years, please fill out the registration form.
How to book a Medical Appointment
Please book your appointment at least 2 weeks before your appointment visa interview date or deadline as applicable.
+254 709 890 000, + 254 717 718 419, +254 110 875651
Client Advice Sheets & Leaflets
- Health Assessment for USA VISA Applicants
- Health Assessment for Australia VISA Applicants
- Health Assessment for Canada VISA Applicants
- Health Assessment for New Zealand VISA Applicants
- Latent TB Pre - Entry Leaflet
RT-PCR Covid-19 Testing for All Travellers
IOM Kenya is now offering COVID-19 tests to all travellers effective 1 July 2021. IOM laboratory is registered and authorized to test for RT-PCR COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health and on board the Trusted Travel (TT) system under Panabois platform.
To book an appointment for a Covid-19 PCR Test:
- Please fill out the Informed consent form,
- complete the MoH excel form, and
- email your completed documents to email@example.com to book an appointment.
- For more information regarding Covid-19 booking, please see the client advice sheet
It has been brought to the attention of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that scam cases purporting to arrange medical appointments at the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) in Nairobi in exchange of a fee have been circulating in Kenya , in the context of a fake job offer.
Numerous recipients have been contacted through Whatsapp using the names of “Jane Wamaitha Njoroge” and “Dr. Charles Oloo” claiming to work for IOM, and proposing fraudulent job offers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IOM categorically states that booking a medical appointment/test with IOM Kenya currently does not require advance payment. Booking appointments with IOM can only be done through the contact provided on IOM official sites https://kenya.iom.int/health-services. Please note that any payment needed is made on the day of the appointment after generating an invoice at the IOM MHAC from the customer care staff on site.
IOM does not use referring agencies or individuals to serve as intermediary, or to assist in the booking of the medical appointment. IOM takes this matter seriously and takes appropriate actions against such fraudulent practices.
IOM strongly advises the public to be cautious of these and other similar fraudulent emails that falsely claim association with IOM. Any transfer of personal information or money to those issuing such fraudulent emails can result in identity theft, financial loss and other damages. IOM shall not be held liable for any claims, pertaining to fraudulent schemes including but not limited to claims resulting from theft, loss or damage.
If you think you have been scammed or have any doubts, please contact email@example.com
- Payment Options
Clients wishing to pay by bank deposits can do so at CBA Bank (Gigiri Branch only), situated at the Village Market Gigiri, 800 meters from the IOM MHAC gate to the back entrance of the Village Market. The invoice and details for the payment will be issued at the IOM MHAC on the day of the appointment.
Clients wishing to pay with M-PESA will receive payment details from the IOM staff during the registration at IOM MHAC.
Important note: Please DO NOT pay any service fee to ANY INDIVIDUALS. All payments should be made after an INVOICE IS GENERATED AND ISSUED by IOM staff on the DAY OF APPOINTMENT.
Telephone number (Reachable during the day between 11:00 am to 04:30 pm)
+254 709 890 000
+254 717 718 491
+254 110 875651
- Operating Hours
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 am to 04:30 pm
- Friday 08:00 am to 02:00 pm
Closed: Public Holidays and weekends
MHAC is located at 78 United Nations Crescent off UN Avenue, Gigiri. It's easily accessible by public transport, board matatus that ply Limuru road, alight at UNEP stage, walk or take taxi/boda boda to MHAC.
- Client Feedback and Survey
At the IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre, we are continually working to ensure our migration health assessment services fully meet the needs and expectations of our clients.We value your feedback and invite you to evaluate your experience at the IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre. The survey is voluntary, confidential and anonymous. Your responses will not affect your migration health assessment process or your care at IOM in any way. Your feedback will help us to improve our services. Client Feedback Form
- IOM Clinic Measures during Covid-19 Pandemic
Please be informed that the following measures have been introduced in the MHAC to safeguard the health of clients and staff and comply with the Government’s directives and infection and prevention control measures.
- All applicants are required to come to IOM wearing their own clean face mask as per the Government’s directives, except children below 2 years old.
- Avoid coming with facemasks with exhalation valves.
- If an applicant has been in direct contact with a Covid-19 case, clearance from the public health authority is required. If an applicant is experiencing any symptoms related to Coronavirus (e.g. fever, respiratory symptoms, including cough, and shortness of breath), they must first contact their personal physician for testing and management, before scheduling the IOM health assessment appointment.
- The appointment time must be strictly adhered to in order to implement the recommended social distancing rules. Applicants will be not admitted into the IOM compound or allowed around the environs before the appointed time.
- Accompanying escort will not be granted access to the clinic unless the applicant is a minor (below 18 years old), or over 70 years old, or with severe disability.
- As a precautionary measure and in order to avoid the spread of the novel Coronavirus, all applicants visiting the IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) are required to have a health screening at the entrance, including their body temperature checked, and questionnaire administered before admission into the IOM compound.
- Applicants with signs or symptoms of Covid-19 upon screening will be requested to contact their personal physician or public health authority and the health assessment will not proceed. They will be rescheduled for another day when they have recovered.
- We request you to use a hand sanitizer before entering the MHAC and maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre) from other clients.
- Hand sanitizer has been made available for clients throughout the MHAC. Tissues and waste bins have also been widely distributed. Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin and sanitize your hands.
- Posters with hygiene and other health information has been displayed in common areas.
- Additional screening measures have been introduced throughout the health assessment process.
- In the event that the medical expires before travel due to the uncertainty of resumption of travel to certain countries, please note that the applicant may be required to repeat the screening with IOM at their own cost.
We regret that these additional measures may cause some inconvenience; however, the safety and well-being of IOM’s clients and staff are of the utmost importance. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation as we ensure that our MHAC is a safe and secure environment for all clients and staff and that clients in need of medical attention are identified promptly and provided with the appropriate guidance.
Please do not hesitate to ask a staff member if you have any questions.
The mode of payment is Mpesa Paybill only and the invoice together with MPESA payment details will be issued at the clinic.
For any clarification, please contact +254 709 890 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org